Do you have overripe bananas that nobody wants to eat? Instead of tossing them into trash, spend a little bit of time and bake these beautiful homemade muffins. Naturally sweetened with applesauce, they do not require too much sugar – only half a cup. Remember, overripe bananas are perfect for making these moist muffins.
Here is the recipe for 12 muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sause
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Fill muffin pan with cup liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir these dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, apple sauce, egg, sugar and oil.
- Add this liquid mixture into flour mixture and keep stirring until the mixture is uniform.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 additional minutes before serving.
These muffins are perfect for school bake. Kids won’t even notice that this recipe has low sugar.