Spice up your lunch! This recipe is not spicy though. But it is packed with curry flavor and is really healthy and delicious. In addition, it is Keto (and low-carb) friendly. Mentioning this just in case if you follow these way of eating.
This chicken tastes so good, it will finish really fast and you will be craving for more..
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 lb (500 gr) chicken
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 cauliflower head, divided into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a medium pot, heat up the oil and stir-fry the onion for about a minute, until golden
- Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes
- Add salt, turmeric, curry powder, tomato, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes until the chicken starts sticking to the pot.
- Add water to the pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove chicken from the pot, set aside
- Put cauliflower florets to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until cauliflower is cooked but still crunchy.
It doesn’t have to be paired with the cauliflower only. Substitute the side with whatever your heart desires. Good with curried potatoes (cook exactly like the cauliflower described in the recipe but for a longer time. Quinoa would work too.