Everyone has a recipe for turkey burgers or other types of patties. I am not a big fan of buns so I eat the cutlets with green veggies and chopped cucumber/tomato salad. My family adds brown rice or macaroni as a side. Turkey is an amazing source of lean protein. Adding 1 Tbsp of salsa on the side of fully cooked hot turkey patties will make your dish totally irresistible.
This recipe does not have bread crumbs or any flour products. So it’s basically carb-free and gluten free. These turkey cutlets are so easy to make. Here’s how:
- 350-400 grams lean ground turkey
- ½ Tbps salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Medium onion, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbps cooking oil (grapeseed or olive oil preferred)
- In a bowl combine first six ingredients with 1 Tbsp cooking oil.
- Mix very well.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking oil in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Form 6 patties from the meat (beware – the meat is really sticky)
- Fry the patties over medium heat turning once.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the patties.
- Serve the cutlets with your favorite side and chopped salad.