Who doesn’t like the taste of hot, crunchy and salty french fries from fast food chains? It is really hard to resist the temptation to buy a portion of french fries; but every time I remember how frozen potatoes are submerged in (not so fresh) gallon of hot oil, I lose my appetite. It is so much better for your health and your budget to indulge in home made masterpiece instead. I am not a big fan of deep frying..but I truly love to use my oven.
Everyone has their own recipe for baked french fries. Here I am going to share how I do it.
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil (grapeseed oil preferred)
- A generous pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Peel potatoes and cut them french-fries style
- Place potatoes in a bowl, pour oil and sprinkle with salt
- Mix well until potatoes are well coated in oil
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil
- Spread potatoes as flat as possible
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from oven and using spatula gently flip potatoes
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Serve warm