This is one of my staple healthy recipes whenever I have very limited time for cooking. Cabbage stir-fry is good with chicken, meat or tuna fish. I like it with a boiled egg on the side. Well, cooking time of egg is certainly shorter than any other source of protein.
Cooking time is only 20 minutes. Isn’t it great? Plus 10 minutes prep time for shredding the cabbage and voila. You have healthy food to eat all ready. I use only 3 main ingredients for cooking this dish – obviously, cabbage, then tomato paste, and garlic.
- 2 Tbps cooking oil
- 1/2 head medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste or 4 Tbsp spoons tomato sauce
- 50 ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat cooking oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat
- Stir-fry cabbage and tomato paste for 5 minutes until the juices are released
- Add water, salt, pepper to taste and bay leaves
- Stir well
- Cover the skillet and cook over low heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add crushed garlic when the cabbage is almost done
- Stir-fry for another 5 minutes.