Feeling adventures? Try dill…a lot of it in one sitting. Global Diet is proudly presenting a dill n’ cabbage slaw served with Greek Tzatziki. Good thing about this slaw? The fact that there is nothing bad added 🙂 Cabbage is full of nutrients. There is some evidence in scientific literature that consuming cabbage may have protective effect against cancer. More detailed information can be found here (the link to cancer.gov). Raw dill is an antioxidant and as such it possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
Still not convinced? Well, then make this raw and crunchy slaw, add Tzatziki to it and try to resist the taste 🙂
By the way, it’s super rich in fiber (due to raw cabbage)!
- 1/2 medium cabbage head, shredded (equal to 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Tzatziki or other dressing (i.e. ranch of OPA roasted garlic yogurt-based dressing)
- In a medium sized bowl combine cabbage and salt
- Using clean hands, give it a really good squeeze until the juices release
- Add more salt if necessary (to your tasting)
- The volume of cabbage will shrink.
- Add chopped dill and tzatziki (or your favorite ranch-style dressing).