Wohoo, this is my first recipe post. I love sharing recipes with friends and family and I am so super excited now that I am creating my first recipe. These banana muffins are very easy to make. Even a toddler can mix up the ingredients. I encourage parents to involve the little ones in their baking adventures. And trust me, the end result will not last long. What I like about these muffins is low sugar. They are sweetened by bananas and only half a cup of sugar (brown one preferred). I baked these muffins probably 15 times so far. Each muffin is about 60 grams and contains 160 calories. Perfect for weekend breakfast with a cup of hot tea.
- 2 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar (brown one preferred but not required)
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt (0-1%)
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil (grapeseed preferred, canola oil can be used)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together bananas, sugar, yogurt, oil and egg.
- Add flour, ground flax seed, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir well until batter is blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, dividing it equally.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
What can be better than simple ingredients, easy cooking instructions and a warm delicious healthy muffin?