This is my recipe for asian-inspired red cabbage slaw. I love it so much that I cook it two to three times a week. Really good thing about it is that you can use up any leftovers in a wrap for next day’s lunch (combine with chicken or tuna and shredded carrot slices).
Serve this red cabbage slaw with any dishes, there is no limit. It will greatly enhance the taste of any dish served with rice or roasted vegetables. The choice is yours.
Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1/2 medium sized red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil (canola or grapeseed)
- Place shredded red cabbage in a bowl
- With clean hands, give it a good squeeze until the juices are released
- Pour squeezed lemon juices over the cabbage, mix well and set aside
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. When it is hot enough, stir-fry garlic, ginger and soy sauce for 6-7 seconds. Do not overheat oil.
- Pour this hot and sizzling mixture over red cabbage.
- Stir well with the fork.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate any left-overs for the next day.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.