Every time I find chicken drumsticks in the freezer, I remember how delicious and flavorful tandoori chicken is. All you need to bake this amazingly delish juicy drumsticks (or any other parts of chicken) is a few simple ingredients. The most important part of preparing tandoori chicken is marination. Don’t be scared.. it’s super easy. I usually prep the marinade at bedtime … this takes literally 5 minutes, place chicken pieces or drumsticks in the marinade overnight and next day bake the chicken in the oven. I love the ‘oven’ method – dump, forget it, timer’s beep and everything is ready.
This is a mouthwatering masterpiece with minimal efforts. You need to have plain yogurt and Tandoori Masala powder. Tandoori powder can be found in many supermarkets these days in World Foods section (around Indian cuisine). Alternatively, stop by ethnic (Indian) store. They always bring tandoori powder at a very good price.
The taste of this juicy marinated roasted chicken has been 10 times approved by my little picky eaters.
- 6 chicken drumsticks or 6-7 pieces of chicken, thawed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder (sold in many supermarkets and ethnic food stores)
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To prepare the marinade: in a medium sized bowl mix yogurt, Tandoori masala powder, cooking oil, salt, squeeze lemon juice and stir well.
- Place chicken drumsticks or 6-7 other pieces of chicken in the marinade and coat each piece well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (overnight preferred).
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cover the baking sheet with the aluminium foil or a sheet of parchment paper.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Do not remove the marinade which coats the chicken.
- Discard the remaining marinade in the bowl.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.